It’s the Christmas season once again! What are you getting your loved one? If he or she is a runner, it is easy to think of things to give. Here are some good suggestions to consider.
2. Buy your runner a Runner’s World or Running Times magazine subscription. At just $15 and $10 a year (less than $1 an issue!), it’s a very good deal indeed. For those of us living in the Philippines, the shipping can be expensive, but it will still be a lot cheaper than buying in bookstores here. One issue can cost as much as $5.
3. The Runner’s World Calendar 2012 is also something to consider. As a runner, I like seeing pictures of people running. I get motivated (and at the moment, envious, since I can’t go back to it yet) to run. Having a wall calendar can make sure that your runner gets a daily dose of motivation!
4. A singlet or running shorts. We can never have enough of those! Make sure though that you know his/her size.
5. A hydration belt, if he doesn’t have one yet. It’s great to use for long distance running, especially for some of us who don’t have a support crew during marathons.
6. Gift certificate for a new pair of shoes. Runners who rack up the miles need one every two years or so. Note that I didn’t say get him a new pair of shoes! We love choosing it ourselves, so a gift certificate is better.
7. For those who can afford it, why not get him a Garmin Forerunner? There’s the Garmin FR60W for Women, a cute lilac-colored watch which can help her track her miles. For men, there is also the Garmin 405CX with a GPS.
8. Books are also a great gift idea. Maybe your runner has become interested in barefoot running or trail running. Get him the books that will drive him to be better. These are not necessarily expensive, especially if shipped within the US.
9. Running accessories like caps, socks, an arm strap for the iPod.
10. And finally, for the budget conscious, if he has been running for some time, get one picture from each race he has run, preferably taken at the finish line, and compile it in a photo album. You can also use the race bibs to make a scrapbook of his running life. I’m sure your loved one will appreciate it more, knowing how much time you have spent on it!
How about you? What gift would you like to receive?
For more gift ideas, check out my post Best Christmas Gifts for Runners.
Disclosure: These are Amazon affiliate links. If you buy anything through my link, you’ll be helping me to run again by contributing to my medical fund ^_^